College of Education International Travel Funds
- To encourage and support international dimensions of scholarship and program development by members of the College of Education.
Criteria for proposals:
- Travel for presentations at international conferences in other countries may be supported if a presentation has been officially invited or accepted;
- Travel for specific program development leading to study abroad or other courses that can be offered through the College;
- International travel will also be supported for faculty who have no prior international experience, but who demonstrate the need for support to get started in order to pursue international work;
- Proposals should demonstrate departmental matching fund support, and/or support from other sources;
- Proposals should demonstrate the potential impact on the College and the broader value to our major goals.
- Full time tenure-track or non-tenure track faculty, and fully admitted graduate students are eligible to apply. There are separate pools of funds for students and faculty.
- The funds are limited, so consideration of proposals will be given based on two deadlines: October 30 for awards to be made during first semester; and March 15 for awards to be made during the second semester.
- Submit a proposal, of no more than 2 pages, describing:
- The conference or program for which you want support;
- The paper or work you will be doing in connection with this initiative;
- The outcomes you expect and the ways in which your work might have impact on the College goal of internationalization;
- The overall travel budget involved in your proposed project;
- The funds you already have committed from your department or other sources;
- A letter of support from your department chair.
- Funding will be awarded up to $1,000 per proposal--from faculty, staff, or graduate students—based on documentation of matching support and other factors described in the criteria.
Proposals should be submitted to:
Dr. Letitia Williams
Assistant Director, Office of International Initiatives
3104 Benjamin Building
See testimonials about how '11-'12 Travel Fund recipients used the funds: