Learning Technology Services, in ETS, is dedicated to support the College of Education faculty in their use of technology for teaching and learning. We are involved with promoting technological competence, awareness, and skill building emphasizing the benefits that technology can bring to the classroom.
- Recommendations for online course design
- Provide individual and small group consultations
- Advise on the use of new technologies within the University of Maryland enterprise systems
- Schedule workshops
- Empower instructors to use best practices to enhance student learning in the College of Education
To request a specific workshop on a supported technology for a COE department or program, please contact our Learning Technology specialist. In addition, ETS offers scheduled workshops covering a variety of enterprise and college-based technologies on a regular basis.
- 24/7 Assistance through Canvas: 1-877-399-4090
- College Specific Assistance and individual faculty training: email@example.com
- University of Maryland IT assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are interested in learning how to use a technical tool or if you wish to rethink part of a course, the resources below will provide you with valuable information and a great starting point. In addition, ETS provides ongoing support to faculty to provide confidence in integrating technology in the learning environment..
|Tool Information Pages (TIPs)|
|Canvas Support|| |
|Quality Assurance Checklist|| |
Developed by the DIT Learning Technology Design group to help faculty assess their ELMS course spaces and course content. Learning Technology Designers can assist faculty with their use of the checklist with the goal of improving the online learning experience for University of Maryland students.
|Video Conferencing |
|Instructor Support|| |
|Copyright and Fair Use|
|Films at UMD|| |
|ELMS Course Reserve Media Request Form|| |
|Universal Design of Learning|
|LinkedIn Learning|| |
Panopto, accessed via ELMS or from the stand-alone application, allows instructors to capture audio and/or video recordings of lectures within classrooms or from their personal computers. Panopto recordings can be uploaded to ELMS and made available to students for viewing.