The area of Web Services in Educational Technology Services (ETS) supports the College in the technical aspects of development and maintenance of their portions of the College websites.
The COE community can report a problem, request changes to the website or content by completing the COE Web Change Request Form: https://education.umd.edu/coe-web-change-request-form [umd id/password required].
The College officially launched its new Drupal 7 website on September 28. 2017. The Web Specialist will train content managers on our implementation of Drupal, which has a structure and content types that are unique to our website. Please contact the web specialist for:
- Drupal Introductory Training (an overview that is required for web access)*
- One-on-One Demonstration and Exercises*;
- One-on-One Individual Support (additional intermediate training in Drupal)*;
- Gaining Access to portions of the college website (authorization required as described under the Web Governance tab);
- Assistance with more advanced Drupal features and tasks;
- Request new Drupal modules or features;
- Qualtrics Training for advanced form submissions and surveys;
- Kaltura Video Basics - uploading, linking embedding, captioning, etc.,
- The organization, navigation and "look and feel" of your site, based on College Communications Office guidelines.
Please contact our web specialist for more information.
Web Governance refers to the collection of policies and practices which govern roles and responsibilities for managing content on the College of Education website. These policies and practices are developed as a collaboration between ETS and the COE Office of Communications, with the former focusing on technical aspects (e.g., account access) and the latter on content guidelines (e.g., writing for the web).
For web governance, there are several roles, which may be shared by individuals at any specific level:
Content Admins (Primary and Secondary)
- An Access Approver is responsible for authorizing new accounts, approving current account lists on a periodic basis (sent from the web specialist), and approving the deletion of access when not superseded by other policies.
- A Content Admin has primary responsibility (secondary’s serve as backup) for ensuring that content within their scope is kept up-to-date, accurate, and in-line with current campus and college web guidelines.
- A Content Author has responsibility to create, maintain and update content on a page- or section-specific basis. Content Admins often serve as Content Authors for portions of their site. Below is a chart of Access Approvers and Content Admins for the major portions of our site.
As part of the administration of AWS accounts, each department assumes responsibility for managing those accounts. This primarily means that all requests for new AWS accounts need to originate or be approved by the Web Content Managers below, prior to sending the request to the Web Specialist. Note that account access to individual profiles do not need prior approval
Primary Department and Unit Web Content Managers
|Regina Cole||TLPLemail@example.com||Access Approvers |
|Blesilda Lim||CHSEfirstname.lastname@example.org||Access Approvers |
|Penny Gomes||HDQMemail@example.com||Access Approvers |
|Rachael Day||Advancementfirstname.lastname@example.org||Content Admin|
|Helene Cohen||I&Pemail@example.com||Access Approvers |
|Valerie Foster||Dean's Business Officefirstname.lastname@example.org||Content Admins|
|Judy Foster||Student Servicesemail@example.com||Content Admins|
|Vera Weist||CYCfirstname.lastname@example.org||Access Approvers |
|Audrey Hill||Communicationsemail@example.com||Access Approvers |
|Rochella McKoy||ETSfirstname.lastname@example.org||Access Approvers |
ETS Internal Administrative Links (password-protected)
Specific College of Education Web Info
- College, Department and Unit Web Managers (i.e., Web Governance)
- Access Approvers
- COE Web Change Request Form [UMD ID/Password Required]
- How to update your College Bio (pdf)
Trainings offered through ETS
- Drupal Training (email web specialist)
- For Additional Web Support after completing Drupal training (schedule through calendar)
How to modules