FACTS & FIGURES
- 1,654 Enrollment (2016-17)
- 673 Undergraduate
- 981 Graduate majors
- 91 Full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty
- 69 Clinical Faculty and Lecturers
- 39,715 Alumni
- Over 30 Degree programs and specializations at the Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral levels
OUR VISION AND MISSION
The College of Education will be a premier center for interdisciplinary research and innovation engaged with the most vital education issues of the 21st century. Our research, both basic and applied, will create new knowledge about all facets of education and human development--infancy through adulthood. Our students will be the next generation of scholars and transformative leaders: innovators in research and lifelong advocates of social justice and educational reform, dedicated to improving opportunities and outcomes in all areas of practice.
- Promote equity through quality education and human services, especially for individuals in traditionally underserved groups and communities.
- Collaborate across all areas of expertise within the College and across the University to prepare teachers, researchers, school leaders, policymakers, and other education professionals to work in critical areas of need.
- Leverage our location near the nation’s capital to form strategic partnerships with school districts, government agencies, and national community-based organizations to promote sustainable reforms in local, state, national and global contexts.