The College of Education is consistently named among the top colleges of education in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. In addition, we have nine top-ranked graduate programs.
The College is proud to count itself as one of the best colleges of education in the nation. Our rankings are evidence of the strength and dedication of College faculty, staff, the achievement of our students, and the high regard of our peers.
2023 RANKING INFORMATION
The College of Education’s top-placed graduate programs received the following rankings:
- Counseling and Personnel Services (#1)
- Educational Psychology (#7)
- Higher Education Administration (#12)
- Special Education (#14)
- Curriculum and Instruction (#20)
- Secondary Teacher Education (#18)
- Educational Administration (#24)
- Education Policy (#19)
- Elementary Teacher Education (#18)
Among other education graduate schools, the UMD College of Education ranked:
- #18 amongst public institutions nationwide
- #28 in the nation
- #2 in Maryland
U.S. News & World Report determines its rankings using a number of factors, which include peer assessment, educational professionals’ assessment, student selectivity, faculty resources, and research activity.
Explore the 2023 rankings at U.S. News & World Report.