**Midterm Elections are on Tuesday, November 8, 2022**
1. Register to Vote (or confirm you are registered)
Visit UMDTurboVote to confirm if you’re already registered to vote or to find information about registering in another state.
Not registered? Want to update your address or other information? No worries. In Maryland, you can register to vote in-person during the early voting period or on Election Day. For same day registration, you must show proof of residency, using one of the following items:
- MVA-issued license
- ID card
- Change of address card
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- Other government document with your name or address
2. Get Ready to Vote
- Decide if you want to vote in-person or by mail.
- Learn about the candidates and questions that will be on your ballot.
- If you are voting in Maryland, review a sample ballot that is specific to the county where you will vote.
- The resources below also provide useful, nonpartisan information about the issues that may appear on your ballot:
- Now through November 8 - Vote By Mail
- If you plan to vote by mail, you can complete your ballot any time before the end of Election Day, though it is recommended you do so by November 6. You can return it by mail or bring it to a ballot drop box. Be sure to sign your ballot and the envelope as the instructions indicate.
- October 27 - November 3 - Vote Early!
- If you can't or prefer not to vote on November 8, you can vote in-person during Maryland's early voting period at your local voting center.
- Big news! This year, TerpsVote is partnering with the University of Maryland Department of Transportation to provide a shuttle bus to the College Park Community Center for early voting. The bus will be available on Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29. Note: students, faculty, and staff are welcome to take the shuttle, but you must be a Prince George’s County resident to vote in that location.
- November 8 - Vote on Election Day!
- On Election Day, you must go to your assigned polling place to vote. Check your voter registration to find your assigned polling place. If you live on campus, your assigned polling place will be either the Stamp Student Union or Ritchie Coliseum. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.