Higher Education, Student Affairs, & International Education Policy--International Education Policy Concentration, Ph.D.: Program Admissions

The Ph.D. program in International Education Policy (IEP) is looking for first-rate students with an interest in the field of comparative and international education. This degree seeks to form professionals with a deep understanding of the complex array of issues concerning educational policies and practices in developing as well as industrialized countries. It also seeks to form professionals who will either join institutions working on national development efforts in which education is a main sector or who will work in academic settings and international institutions conducting research or helping develop public policies in education for all levels and types.

Please click here for more information. 

For more information visit the graduate admission requirements webpage. Select an area of interest from the various offerings in the College of Education to determine the admission requirements and deadlines.  If you are unsure of your area of interest you may request information by submitting an Inquiry Form.  

Please refer to the Guide to Applying  for instructions on how to apply for graduate admission. If you have questions or concerns, we ask you to first review our list of Frequently Asked Questions.  International applicants should visit the International admissions webpage for additional information.  For questions about the application process, or to check on the completion of your application please contact:

Judy Foster, Coordinator of Graduate Admissions
Office of Student Services, College of Education
(301) 405-2359                 

After you apply for graduate admission you may check your application status by logging into the online graduate application using your user name and password.  Graduate faculty in the Academic Department you applied to will review your completed application for graduate admission.  Questions regarding application reviews and decision recommendations should be directed to Department of Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education (CHSE).  Please contact:

Carol Scott, Coordinator of Graduate Studies
Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education
(301) 405-8384

Please contact the Office of Student Services, ed-advising@umd.edu, or (301) 405-2364.

Visit the College of Education Scholarship opportunities webpage. 

Visit the Graduate School Fellowship and Graduate Assistantship web page for additional funding opportunities 

For information about other student financial aid, review the Office of the Student Financial Aid website.

Dr. Zeena Zakharia, Admissions Director (zakharia@umd.edu)

IEP Graduate Assistant (IEP@umd.edu)

Carol Scott, Coordinator (cscott18@umd.edu)