ETS offers loaner laptops exclusively to College of Education faculty and staff when traveling for extended periods of time. The ETS Loaner Program for Travel is meant to lessen security risks by addressing the need to have access to a laptop while protecting university data from becoming compromised. If you plan on travelling abroad, a free travel loaner laptop will make it much easier by allowing access to University systems without unnecessarily exposing data you may not need in your travels to increased security risk or compromise.
The ETS Loaner Program for Travel includes a laptop with a 14” diagonal screen for optimal viewing.
Equipment Travel Kit
| || |
To request a loaner laptop for travel, complete the request form at least 5 university business days in advance of the travel date. Upon checking on eligibility and availability, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Loaned equipment is intended for use of Education faculty and staff while on university-related travel.
- Service includes a longer than normal loan period to accommodate extended travel needs, however, the equipment does need to be returned between semesters.
- There is no fee for this service.
- Upon return, the laptop will be cleared of all user files and restored to its original state.
- FBI's Travel Tips Brochure
- U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team
- How to Access UMD Google Apps for Education Abroad using Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Windows