On Tuesday, August 29, 2018, Linda Pieplow ’72, M.A.’78 and a dedicated group of eight other UMD College of Education alumni launched the College of Education Alumni Chapter Board. The mission of the Alumni Chapter Board is to serve the common interests of the College of Education and its alumni.
The mission of the alumni chapter is to organize the alumni to promote the welfare and advancement of the University of Maryland College of Education by working toward the following goals:
- Foster connections between education alumni, the College and the University;
- Support the welfare and interest of the College;
- Promote the financial and physical well-being of the College;
- Foster a spirit of loyalty among graduates of the College, the Alumni Association and the University; and
- Represent the alumni perspective to the College/University.
With more than 39,000 alumni, the College of Education has one of the largest alumni populations amongst its peer colleges and schools at the University of Maryland. The group will be hosting its annual Jump Start Your Job Search dinner and other social and networking activities throughout the year.
Other officers include the following: Vice President – Melissa Shindel ’95, M.A.’00; Treasurer – Dr. Meri Robinson ’96, Ed.D. ‘16.; Secretary – Melissa Ruben ’13. At-Large Members include: Jen Bado-Aleman ’02, M.A. ’09; Jennifer Blatchley ’08; Barbara Friedlander ’85, M.A. ’90; Patricia Myers ’65; and Dr. Karim Shortridge ’00, Ed.D. ’15.
The Association is looking to engage more alumni on the Board. If you are interested in being a part of the Board, please contact Linda Pieplow, at email@example.com.