WebEx is an enterprise videoconferencing tool, powered by Cisco systems, officially launched to the campus community on October 31st. It is fully integrated into campus’s Enterprise Learning Management System (ELMS) - currently on Canvas - but can also be used outside of ELMS. This application supplements other campus enterprise videoconferencing options such as Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts.
Some features of Webex
- Using the common platform of ELMS, instructors and students will be able to communicate and collaborate more effectively synchronously and asynchronously.
- Participants have the option of calling into a conference phone number.
- Maximum number of connected devices for a WebEx session is 1, 000.
- You may view recordings via a web link or download the files for storage on various devices.
- Students may interact with other students regardless of their location within a course.
Further information and training
If you are a College of Education faculty or staff member interested in learning more about Webex and its additional uses, please feel free to contact ETS’s learning technology specialist:
0223 Benjamin Building
Finally, the Division of IT has provided self-guided training material on their knowledge base at: