Dean Jennifer King Rice and the College of Education invite you to join us as we celebrate the College's Centennial anniversary with Terrapin EdTalks: Advancing Equity. Terrapin EdTalks will feature five talks from College of Education faculty that explore the multitude of ways the College is paving the way to advance equity in education in Maryland and beyond.
Terrapin EdTalks will feature:
- Dr. Julie J. Park, "Race on Campus: Debunking Myths with Data"
- Dr. Nathan A. Fox, "Experience and the Brain"
- Dr. Sharon Fries-Britt, "Advancing the Nation: Investing in the Education of Black Collegians"
- Dr. Imani Goffney, "From Oakland to Wakanda: Transforming Mathematics Classrooms to Become Equitable Spaces for Black and Brown Students"
- Dr. Patricia A. Alexander, "The 'Non-Smart' Use of Smart Technologies: The New Digital Divide for Today's iGeneration”
To register for this event, please click here.
Reception to follow.
Parking will be available at Stadium Drive Garage, across the street from the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.
Stadium Drive Garage is attached to Maryland Stadium, home to the Terrapin football and lacrosse teams.
For directions to the Stadium Drive Garage from your current location, you may use Google Maps.
For online navigation tools or GPS units, please use this address:
4025 Stadium Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Directions to the Stadium Drive Garage:
Take Interstates 95, 270 or 66 to the Washington, D.C. Capital Beltway (Interstate 495) to exit 25B.
The University of Maryland is located at Exit 25 (U.S. Route 1 South toward College Park). When traveling south on I-95, take Exit 27 and then follow signs to Exit 25B.
Proceed approximately one mile south on U.S. Route 1. Turn right on to University Blvd (Rt. 193 West) toward Maryland Stadium.
From University Blvd (Rt. 193 West) turn left on to Stadium Drive and proceed straight into Stadium Drive Garage, across from the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.