The Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Development (HD) is designed to support student learning about the mechanisms of growth and change across the lifespan. With areas of focus in developmental science, educational psychology and statistical methodology, HD majors will explore the biological, social, emotional, and cognitive processes of learning and development from conception to old age in diverse social and cultural contexts.
Advising for Current Students
Academic Advising is an essential part of your academic experience at UMD. Academic Advisors help you understand the academic requirements and curricular offerings in the College of Education. They assist you to realistically evaluate your academic progress and its relationship to successful planning. Advisors also inform you about different campus resources and services that will help you to make the most of your experience while at the University of Maryland College Park.
Advising is mandatory for all students in the College of Education. Depending upon your major and your academic standing in the College, you will be assigned an Advisor from within the Office of Student Services (Room 1204, Benjamin). All students are required to make advising appointments no more than 2 weeks before your scheduled registration date.
- Janis Cornell-DeMoss, Director of Student Services
- Advises: Students on Academic Dismissal, Dean's Level Exceptions to Policy
- Jessica Chew, Manager of Advising and Recruitment
- Advises: Special Education, Human Development, Minors: TESOL, Human Development, Secondary Education
- Brittani Berry, Academic Advisor
- Advises: Middle School Math & Science, Secondary Education*
- Christie De Leon, Academic Advisor
- Advises: Elementary Education, Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education
*NOTE: Secondary Education majors must be advised by their Content Area Advisor before meeting with an Education Advisor.
Human Development Majors should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.