College of Education Assessment Office
The Assessment Office handles daily operations associated with assessment and accreditation for educator preparation programs in the College of EducationKey functions of the Assessment Office include:
- Ensuring that the college and its departments comply with the assessment standards of relevant accrediting bodies, including the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and Middle States
- Serving as a resource for updated assessment-related information associated with CAEP, Middle States, and the Specialized Professional Associations (SPAs) – e.g., National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Council for Exceptional Children, etc.
- Collecting, analyzing, and organizing assessment data from campus databases and the College of Education LiveText Assessment and Accreditation Management System to support ongoing assessment, accreditation, and program improvement efforts
- Maintaining program and College-level data for all professional educator programs
- Assisting programs with the collection of data and program reporting associated with the Middle States Learning Outcomes Assessment Plans
- Overseeing the ongoing development and implementation of the College’s LiveText Assessment and Accreditation Management system
- Collaborating with the College’s edTPA Office to provide ongoing coordination and logistical support for edTPA implementation efforts in educator preparation
- Overseeing survey operations and compiling course evaluation data to support program-specific and College-wide programmatic improvement efforts
- Preparing the annual Title II Report submission and other external data reports
- Providing logistical support for the annual COE Assessment Retreat and Principals meetings, and for the ongoing Professional Development School (PDS) Coordinators, Educator Preparation Committee, PDS County Directors, and Principals Advisory Board meetings and events
- Serving as a one-stop-shop for all assessment-related activities for educator preparation programs in the College of Education
|SECTION I: PASS RATES ON MD TEACHER CERTIFICATION EXAMS | SECTION II: PROGRAM INFORMATION | SECTION III: CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION | SECTION IV: DATA TABLE - ATTACHMENT | SECTION V: TITLE II REPORT APRIL 2018|
SECTION I: PASS RATES ON MD TEACHER CERTIFICATION EXAMS
SECTION II: PROGRAM INFORMATION
SECTION III: CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION
SECTION IV: DATA TABLE - ATTACHMENT
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2016-2017
The College of Education pass rates for program completers (as defined by Title II for USDE data reporting purposes) for the past three years follow:
Note: The overall pass rate is 100%. There is a slight discrepancy between the number taking and the number passing the assessments, which can be attributed to recent changes in the testing requirements. Our candidates did not take the new assessments and were given permission from MSDE to use the recently expired exams for their teacher certification. However, the scores from these older assessments do not appear in the Title II database for reporting.
SECTION V: TITLE II REPORT APRIL 2018
UMD Title II Report April 2018 (1.5 MB)
Students will use LiveText to complete their edTPA portfolio and document their performance on the Technical Standards/Foundational Competencies and the Maryland Teacher Technology Standards. For more information visit the College of Education LiveText webpage.