The Multilingual Research Center (MRC) is a new and thriving center within the Department of Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership (TLPL). The MRC is committed to promoting research and outreach related to multilingualism, multilingual communities, and the education of multilingual populations. Specifically, MRC aims to
- Increase the quality and number of TESOL, World Language, and dual language programs and teachers in Maryland, the nation, and the world through outreach;
- Sponsor and conduct research which illuminates our understanding of multilingualism and multilingual communities;
- Disseminate research results to teachers, school systems, and national and international research communities.
- Dr. Teresa McCarty, December 1, 2017
- Dr. Jinsook Lee, February 9, 2018