- Increase cultural competency by critically examining disability as a global societal phenomenon.
- Acquire an awareness and understanding of the various roles and rights of people with disability in history and in modern society.
- Explore the Disability Studies’ framework within their field of study and intended profession to enhance advocacy, inclusive best practices, and their role as a change agent.
- Examine ways in which systems inhibit and promote full participation of people with disabilities.
- Develop analytical and observation skills and apply inclusive disability frameworks to their academic, professional, and personal lives.