Attention Prospective Students: Although the Ph.D application system is closed, we will accept additional applicants for the following specializations: Math & Science Education (MSED), Technology Learning & Leadership (TLLP), and the Literacy area of Language Literacy & Social Inquiry (LLSI). Please email Graduate Coordinator Joy Jones, email@example.com, for instructions. We will accept additional applications until spots are filled or until January 15.
The Department of Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership is one of three departments in the College of Education and is organized into three divisions: Education Policy and Leadership; Language, Literacy, and Social Inquiry; and Science, Technology, and Mathematics Education. For more information about programmatic offerings in each division, navigate to our Divisions menu.
If you're not sure which division is the best fit for you, you can explore our different types of programs, including bachelor's degrees with teacher certification, master's degrees with and without teacher certification, and PhD programs. See our full list of programs below.
Please note that the Graduate School waives the application fee for applicants from certain organizations and/or prepatory programs. To see if you are eligible to have your application fee waived, please see the full list of programs on the Graduate School's website.
Initial Teacher Certification Programs
Bachelor's program offerings
- English Education, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Art Education, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Elementary Education, Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Terrapin Teachers: Math Education, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Science Education, Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Middle School Mathematics and Science, Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Social Studies Education, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- World Language Education, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Master's program offerings
- MCERT, Master of Education (M.Ed.) with Certification
- Areas of concentration: Art, Dance, Elementary Education, English, Mathematics, Middle School Math and Science, Physical Education, Secondary Sciences (Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth/Space Science, Physics), Social Studies, TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), and World Languages (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Latin, Russian, Spanish)
- Reading Specialist Certification, Reading Education, Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- TESOL (On Campus - 2+ year program), Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- World Languages (On Campus - 2+ Year Program), Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Advanced Degree Programs without Teacher Certification
Master's program offerings
- Education Policy, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- English and Literacy Education, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Mathematics Education, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Minority and Urban Education, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Teacher Leadership Emphasis (non-teacher education certification), Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Areas of concentration: Art Education; Arts Integration; Elementary/Middle School Education; English Education; Mathematics Education; Minority and Urban Education; Science Education; Teaching English to Speakers of Others Languages (TESOL, non-certification); Social Studies Education; Special Studies; World Languages (non-certification)
- Science Education, Master of Arts (M.A.)